5 Great Tips To Improve The Interior Decor Of Your Home
There are many ways you could improve your home decor and one of the easiest yet most dramatic is with light. Try using cordless picture lights to highlight and give special effects to photographs and painting you hang on your wall and watch each room of your home get transformed into an elegant and contemporary area. The cordless picture light is a very versatile and popular way to enhance the beauty of your home. Some other formidable short cuts are briefed below:
1. Use mirrors to create a feeling more space — your room will look larger if you install life-size mirrors on one of the walls. This will make the room bigger because the space will be reflected increasing the floor space. You can also use mirrors inside your showcase cabinets to enhance the beauty of the objects displayed and make it look richer.
2. Use color to improve the mood and project a feeling of more space — your room will definitely look bigger if the walls are colored in pastel colors. A very useful trick is painting one wall bright color and all other three is pale colors that complement it. In this way, the room will suddenly look bright and big. Use colors that lift your moods so you will feel happy when you spend time in your home.
3. Contrast instead of coordinating the color theme in your home — when you contrast colors of your fixtures in your home, your house will look more vibrant and it will pull away the attention of the beholder from its size. Try contrasting the wall colors against your furniture, the carpet and the curtains of your home. This would look elegant and alive besides creating a feeling of extra space.
4. Keep the least possible furniture — when you have less space, the less furniture you have the better. Use sofa cum bed, use wrought iron furniture if you can for this is strong beautiful and occupies less space than its all-wood counterpart.
5. Have your home de-cluttered — clutter not only makes your home look untidy, but also makes the rooms look small. According to Feng Shui, a cluttered home will attract negative energy. This means you are likely to have trouble with your finances, relationship and career — all owing to the clutter that is lying all over your home. Ensure that you keep thing in order and remove all that you do not need from table tops. Once in six months sell or donate things that you find you have no use for. For things that you would prefer to store, create space where you can keep these things neatly and orderly.
6. Fill your home with photographs of your family and dear ones — fill one wall in your living area with photographs of your family. When you look at these photos you will remember the good times you had with your family and you will brighten up. This is what good interior decor is all about — feeling good. The more memories you have on your wall the warmer you will feel about your life and family — and this is what will make your house a warm and beautiful home.
Stewart Wrighter is an entrepreneur who runs a large group of websites that specialize in high end items such as cordless picture lights. He has noticed that the cordless picture light is a very popular light.